Whether in the office, at school or at home - in everyday life of modern people, there are similar situations almost everywhere: the list of upcoming and to-be-completed tasks is getting longer, while the concentration and performance seem to decrease to the same extent. It is easier to focus on the growing sense of helplessness and overworking in the face of tasks than on individual tasks. But what does it help, the work is not done by itself!
Stress management is important
You can learn how to deal with stress without sacrificing your zest for life, your ability to work and your ability to concentrate. A harmonious environment, fresh air, balanced nutrition and sufficient sleep are good prerequisites. But often that's just not enough. When your capacity reaches its limits and a sense of overwork, reluctance and exhaustion tries to overwhelm you, concentration exercises help.
Exercises to increase your ability to concentrate will really get your energy flow going again. They relieve tension and tension, invigorate circulation and promote blood circulation. Anger and stress can be shaken off, new strength and energy are gained. Performed regularly, these exercises can help prevent concentration problems.
About Cross exercises
Cross-over exercises promote the interaction of the two halves of the brain, increase the capacity and the capacity. Do not get discouraged if you initially have to think about these exercises while you are performing them. This is a sign that the interaction of your left and right hemisphere is blocked due to stress. You will see that you can quickly automate the movement, a sign that the blockade has been resolved. If you continue doing the exercises regularly, you can avoid future blockages.
- Cross Exercise 1: Stand up straight. Lift your right knee and touch that knee with your left elbow. The right arm swings backwards. Then stand upright again. Then lift your left knee and touch it with your right elbow. Repeat this exercise several times at your own pace.
- Cross-over Exercise 2: Now try to touch your right sole with your left hand behind your back and vice versa. Your Phanthasia is limitless in these cross-over exercises. You can modify the exercises as you like. This brings variety and extra fun - and that helps against stress and anger. It is important to cross the middle and to coordinate the movements of the right and left half of the body.
Inconspicuous cross-over exercises for anywhere in between
And what if the concentration suddenly stops when driving or in a meeting? Sometimes circumstances do not allow you to get up and start doing gymnastics because of your drop in performance. But there are also helpful exercises for these situations:
- Rub your ear: Rub your left ear with your left hand and your left ear simultaneously or subsequently with your right hand.
- Lying Eight: Follow the line of a recumbent Eight. Start in the middle and follow the line to the top left. This exercise is also great for enhancing memory and should be part of every exercise program.
- Cross arms, fingers or feet: Cross your fingers, arms or feet alternately. This exercise is unremarkable and brings the interplay of the brain halves back to life.
To activate the life force and body energy, the massage of the following acupuncture points is ideal:
1st ear massage
Grasp your ears with one hand between thumb and forefinger on the curled edges and pull them outward. Then the ear is massaged towards the tip of the ear. Then you reach the ear a little deeper between thumb and forefinger and massage again up to the tip of the ear. Repeat the massage until the whole ear is kneaded from earlobe to ear tip. The ear is now warm and red. There are about 200 acupuncture points in the ear. Through the massage you stimulate your entire body energy.
2. Massage of the acupuncture points on the collarbone
About 2 cm to the right and left of the breastbone, below the collarbone are two acupuncture points, whose massage promotes the reduction of stress and anxiety. Rub these points with the thumb and forefinger of one hand while placing the other hand on your stomach.
3. Tap thymus gland
The thymus gland is behind the breastbone. It produces the T-lymphocytes for the body's defense against infections and controls the energy flow in the body. Stress, emotional imbalance, anxiety and strife weaken the thymus gland. Loosely tap with a fist in a circle counterclockwise the center of your rib cage about 10 to 12 times. If possible, add to it. You will feel your energy awake and a sense of relaxation arise.
It is extremely helpful to combine these exercises, which increase your ability to concentrate, with exercises that revive the circulation and get you going again. These pickups are listed below.
These exercises promote blood circulation and get you going again.
- Stretch your calf: Support yourself with both hands on your desktop. Angle one leg and extend the other straight back. Try pushing your heel down a few times, as long as it does not cause any pain. Change your legs. This exercise promotes blood circulation and has an invigorating effect.
- Swing your arms: Stretch your arms forward when standing, then swing them back and forward. Please note that the arms describe a semicircle. The exercise is invigorating and relaxes the shoulder girdle.
- Arms circle: Now circle your arms while standing. Stay relaxed in the knees. This exercise promotes circulation and oxygenation of all organs.